The Chesty Puller Chapter (OH-2) of the Women Marines Association
Our Official Mission
The official mission of the Women Marines Association is seven-fold:
- To preserve and promote the history and tradition of women Marines
- To foster, encourage and perpetuate the spirit of comradeship among women in the Marine Corps
- To promote the welfare of elderly, disabled and needy women Marines
- To provide assistance to hospitalized veterans and members of the Armed Forces
- To promote the civic and social welfare of the community
- To sponsor or participate in patriotic activites, especially those that perpetuate the traditions and esprit de corps of the Marine Corps
- To conduct programs for charitable and educational purposes
Members of the Chesty Puller Chapter (OH-2) of WMA strive to accomplish our mission through teamwork and cooperation. Chapter members have:
- Supported the Chesty Puller Detachment of the Young Marines
- Participated in events supporting the 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment
- Marched in the Cuyahoga Falls Memorial Day Parade
- Participated in events supporting local Marine Corps Junior ROTC programs
- Written letters of support to women undergoing recruit training at MCRD Parris Island, SC
- Sent care packages to military personnel deployed to Iraq
- Presented white roses to families of deceased women Marines
- Participated in various veterans advisory committees and veterans events
- Assisted local Marine Reserve units with their Toys For Tots campaign
- Visited hospitalized veterans
- And much, much more!
Our chapter is fortunate to enjoy the camaraderie and assistance of our auxiliary organization, the Loyal Escorts of the Green Garter. Membership in the Loyal Escorts is open to relatives of WMA members who are related within two degrees and sponsored by a member of WMA (ie, spouse, sister, brother, parent, grandparent, child, or grandchild). Our Loyal Escorts may join us for our meetings and service-related activities, such as Toys For Tots toy collections, sorting, and distribution, meeting coordination, site prep and cleanup, outreach efforts, etc. The more, the merrier!
For more information on who we are and what we do, please check out our Chapter Photos pages. For WMA and Loyal Escorts membership applications, please visit the Contact and Membership page.
NOTE: "Stars and Stripes Forever" (J.P. Sousa) is performed by "The President's Own" U.S. Marine Band. This song and many others are available for free download from the audio resources section of the U.S. Marine Band's website, at www.marineband.usmc.mil.
Contact the Webmaster!